Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gotcha Day (Part 2) 4/12/210

4/12/2010 As Zhen Zhen played yesterday, she was very happy, entertaining and engaging, and ate very well. She does know, however, what she does not like (and that would be green onions – not a problem at our house - and green peas). She will pick them out and put them aside. She has loved playing with the boy’s I-Touch. She figured out rather quickly how to move the images back and forth down the line. She loves to color!! I had taken a Winnie coloring book, and she also came with a Winnie coloring book from her foster mom. Her foster mom also brought sacks of her favorite snack foods, drinks, and sweets. She had a few baby books dated back to her birth in 2003. It is exciting to see the Lord’s faithfulness to us. Her foster mom has loved her dearly, instilled her with good habits, and a sharing heart. She would offer each one of us a snack and then eat one herself. Always putting others in front of self!! I love this and am thankful!! I told the boys that they would need to be good examples in front of Zhen Zhen . Actually, Zhen Zhen is being an excellent example to all of us. She is independent, however, still allows us to help. As we were lying in bed this morning (yes, it’s 2:30) I felt two small kisses, one on my back and one on my arm. She’s awake and coloring while I type.
When it came to bedtime, I gave her a bath. She jumped right in and started to wash her hair. She graciously allowed me to help, and we accomplished the bath together. When we got out she insisted that I fix her hair the way her foster mom fixed it that day. I didn’t understand why she wanted her hair fixed for we were about to go to bed. She would grab the amount of hair to go up in the ponytail and hand me the rubber band -it took me 3 times to get it to where she was pleased. We brushed teeth, went to the potty and made our way to the bed. I had taken her a new pair of pj’s and Rob took her to look into the mirror. She went for her coat – she thought that she was going home to her mama. This is why she wanted to have her hair fixed. She couldn’t understand why she couldn’t put her coat on and leave. In her mind we think she felt she had been good all day, and now she wanted her mama. This was a very emotional time for all 3 of us. I pray someday that we can communicate and the Lord will give me the perfect words explaining why this has happened. I am feeling very guilty taking her, however, as Rob points out, it’s only been our choice to receive her; someone else made the decision that she had to leave the only family she’s ever known, and it’s by God’s sovereignty that she’s become ours.
As said in Jeremiah 29:11 – the Lord does have a plan for Zhen Zhen and we are honored that the Lord has chosen us to be a part of this little girl’s life. She appears to have a healthy self esteem, she’s feisty, and we pray and trust that this zest for life will radiate the Lord’s love in her heart!

5 comments:

Karen said...

DeDe, Not sure if you'll get this or not but just wanted to say we're just getting back from the cruise and reading the updates. So cool. I know you all are so excited but such an emotional time, too. Although, Lydia couldn't have better big brothers or parents. So excited to hear Lydia likes coloring . . . she and Ainslee will have that in common and will be able to bond over coloring and art!!! Sending big hugs to all the Scheele's . . . Rob, Detra, Samuel, Peter, and Lydia. Love you all. Karen

Unknown said...

I love reading your posts. I am praying for all of you. Tell the boys that Mason misses them and that they are not missing anything exciting. Stay positive and know that you are doing what is best for Lydia and that God is in control. Much love to you all!!!
Kim

Unknown said...

I do not know why this google account will not change my identity. I guess the first time I ever signed into something like this was during Brooks' senior year for all of his class news. So sorry that it has me listed as the rhhs class of 2009, but it's me, Kim Taylor. I am technologically challenged.....haha!

sandy said...

She's absolutely beautiful! Have you figured out her clothing size yet? Can't wait to meet her.

Sandy

Deb said...

What a roller coaster of emotions for you all and for Lydia! God will be faithful to bring you through these times. We continue to hold you up in prayer. We can't wait to have you all home.

Love, Deb