Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a week...

Last week was a whirlwind. We had our second home study and last night we met for the first time other families who have either traveled with Great Wall (our adoption agency) to China or are in the process of waiting, like ourselves. There were a lot of little girls running around and one baby boy, 6 months old. It was a special night, everyone was very kind and helpful. We especially connected with one family. They have a 13 yr old daughter and their daughter, Rachel, whom they adopted from China will be 3 yrs old in December. They were so encouraging, however, also very honest. We know that it will be a drastic change to our family. Hearing and seeing how this family has adjusted to Rachel is a blessing to us. We are so thankful that the Lord drew us together last night!

This week, we will be preparing for our third home study. Our social worker, Beverley, will be coming to our home. Boy, do I have a lot of work to do...Please pray that I stay on task!

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It is helpful to connect with families who are on this journey. I have learned so much from them. It sounds like you had a fun evening. Glad the homestudy visits are going well. You'll be "paper pregnant before you know it"!