Friday, September 5, 2008

Very Thankful...

The second week of school ends today. Did I mention that the second week was a better week, for me that is. The boys are doing well! I think 3 out of 4 of us had a bug the first week of school. I still haven't figured out how Samuel seems to always escape our family illnesses. When I woke up Sunday morning, I felt better. Dad had gone onto church at 8:00 to practice music for the worship service. Peter, Samuel, and I got up and left early to join him for worship at 11:00. It had been a peaceful morning, very nice! However, on the way, at a red light in front of the First Baptist Church and Rockwall Post Office, a large RV bus ran the red light and hit me across the road onto the sidewalk of the post office. It was a pretty big jolt - definitely knocked me for a loop. We are all fine and very thankful, especially that there were no pedestrians on the sidewalk waiting to cross for church. Yesterday was the first day that I felt somewhat back to normal. Again, we are very thankful that no one was hurt. About the adoption, we have our next home study on the 16th. I am still getting all the paperwork together for our dossier. Every time that I think that I am about finished, I get an email telling me to obtain one more document. Some days it seems never ending, but I know the end result will bring us a beautiful child that the Lord has chosen for our family. It will be a long wait, but well worth every month/year! One more thing...the boys should find out today or Monday which football team they made. First game is Tuesday. I will let you know!

No comments: